3D V-what? Intel launches the worlds fastest desktop processor.
Intel has made their Core i9-13900KS processor official, providing all of the details (including pricing and availability) this morning.
With this launch Intel has the world’s fastest desktop processor by clock frequency, taking Max Turbo up to a ridiculous 6.0 GHz out of the box.
Key features and capabilities of the i9-13900KS include:
- Up to 6.0 GHz max turbo frequency with Intel® Thermal Velocity Boost – the first CPU in the PC industry to reach 6.0 GHz without overclocking.
- Intel Adaptive Boost Technology for improved gaming performance by opportunistically allowing higher multicore turbo frequencies.
- 24 cores (eight Performance-cores and 16 Efficient-cores), 32 threads, 150W processor base power, 36MB Intel Smart Cache and a total of 20 PCIe lanes (16 PCIe 5.0 and four PCIe 4.0 lanes).
- Up to DDR5 5600 MT/s and DDR4 3200 MT/s support.
- Compatible with Z790 and Z690 motherboards, with the latest BIOS recommended for the best gaming and content creation experience.
Retail pricing is $699 so for just under $700 you can buy the first CPU to reach 6.0 GHz without overclocking. That’s 1000 MHz faster than the Core i9-9900KS!